One of the longest-running DC Thomson comics, The Hotspur began life in 1933 as a weekly collection of text stories for children, with comic strips added in 1959.
The Hotspur absorbed Hornet in 1976 and The Crunch in 1980, before merging with Victor in 1981 (although Hotspur annuals were published until 1991).
Regular strips included:
- The Crimson Crusher – a huge red metallic ball that rolls around Britain smashing everything in its path and causing chaos and panic. But Government agent Steve Grant was after it, and the smart money was on Steve!
- Danny Boyd
- Lieutenant Mike Gray of the Royal Navy was busy sinking U-boats and trapping Nazi spies.
- The Mantracker – from The Crunch
- The Menace from Moon Crater
- Pete Logan the Lumberman
- Starhawk – from The Crunch
- The Young Aces of Space