Fleetway published this weekly boys’ adventure comic from 1962 to 1976.
During that time, it absorbed Knock-Out (1963), Smash! (1971), TV21 (1972), Lion (1974) and Vulcan (1976), before merging into Battle Picture Weekly in October 1976.
Popular strips included:
- Adam Eterno – who was thousands of years old and could only be slain by a fatal blow from a weapon made of gold
- Billy Bunter
- Captain Hurricane – a massive ex-sea skipper who became a Captain in the Royal Marines during WWII, and who could be provoked into berserker rages which gave him great strength
- The House of Dolmann – an inventor constructed remote-controlled “dolls” or puppets, with strange abilities that helped him in his fight against crime
- Jason Hyde – a text-only story about a character whose eyes emitted blue rays that allowed him to see through things and read minds
- Kelly’s Eye – Kelly wore a jewel called the Eye of Zoltec (obtained from a Mayan idol) around his neck, which protected him from all harm, making him invulnerable
- Mytek the Mighty – a giant robot ape who started out as a villain in the hands of a criminal, but eventually became a hero who battled other robots and giant creatures
- Sexton Blake
- The Steel Claw – had the power of invisibility and the capability to electrocute his enemies, due to his body’s ability to store electric current